Friday, June 05, 2009

halfway there?

Almost a month ago now, I posted that I was going to be starting the revision of Witchy Woman. To refresh your memory (if you don't want to click on the link),
The anticipated process:
  • read through the manuscript

  • create outline of current state

  • work through world-building and necessary plot expansions

  • update revision outline

  • hard copy edit (get rid of tics and add description at this stage!)

  • type in edits

  • have Word read manuscript to me while I follow along to make sure all edits complete
As of this morning, I have a completed revision outline, meaning I've completed the first four steps. Of course, that fifth step being the actual page-by-page edit plus writing of new scenes, it's going to take some time. It took me longer to get to this point than I'd hoped, but I didn't actually work at it every day. That changes now.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice work :) Hope the edits flow as smoothly.

Erin M. Hartshorn said...

Merrilee -- thanks! Since I'm trying to double the length of the book (It has good bones but needs fleshing out.), it's going to be a bit of work. I'm really looking forward to the end result.